- If you receive an invitation to present a poster, SAC Europe will subsidize your travel expenses under certain conditions.
- Poster orientation should be portrait, NOT landscape. Poster size should be A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm).
- TITLE HAS TO BE IN CAPITAL LETTERS (72 pt. Font).
- Author and affiliation font size is 42 pt.
- Proposed sections to be included: (Abstract), Introduction & objectives, Materials & methods, Results & Discussion, Conclusions.
- Minimum font size for all text: 18 pt. (figure captions excluded).
- Text and graphics must be readable from 2 meters (6 feet) away.
- Use bullets and keep text to a minimum.
- Use simple backgrounds; do not distract from the message. Aim for clarity and simplicity. Make an initial rough layout, keeping in mind the proportions of figures, tables, and text.
- In the planning of your poster presentation, remember that the poster will be available for viewing and discussion for the whole duration of the meeting. The poster should be understandable without oral explanation.
- The temptation to overload the poster with excessive text and data should be resisted. Where possible, organise tables and figures chronologically in vertical progression. Be clear and concise in all statements.
- Avoid excessive use of organisation logos/advertisements.
- All posters will be displayed for the both conference days (Monday and Tuesday) and each poster will also have a dedicated oral presentation time slot. Your oral presentation will occur on the same day as the platform presentations for the session that your poster is in during the evening poster social (18:15- 20:00).
- You will receive your poster number before the conference. The poster number represents the number of the poster board where your poster should be placed.
- YOU are responsible for setup and take-down of your poster. Poster setup is scheduled for Monday between 08:00 and 09:15, and poster take-down for Tuesday between 20:00 and 21:30.
- All posters will be located in the poster area. Please place your poster at your indicated slot based on your poster number.
- Provide an envelope where people can leave their business cards for requests for more information. If possible, also provide hand-outs of your poster and your own business card.
- Be at your poster during the poster socials even when you are not presenting AND during coffee breaks (11:40-12:10 and 16:40-17:10 on Monday and Tuesday) to discuss your work with other students visiting your poster.
- Please bring the PDF version of your poster to the meeting on a USB Memory Device. Unless you object, all posters will be uploaded to this website and accessible to the public after the meeting.